[NHDOE-ETNews] Mathspace Looking for NH Districts Interested in Free 6 Month Trial Pilot
Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Tue Oct 25 10:33:37 EDT 2016
Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM: Mathspace Looking for NH Districts Interested in Free 6 Month Trial Pilot
The innovative math program, Mathspace <http://t.yesware.com/tt/64b7b4fb8e12a395890484fdfee2c624380a4b0b/13cea9ee444611a7551b22602aaf362b/2d1389175628b31f97d748d1a758e4e8/www.mathspace.co> is offering a free six month pilot for districts in NH, and are looking for districts that would be a good fit.
They would like to start these pilots in December or January. For more information, you can email dan at mathspace.co<mailto:dan at mathspace.co> and tell Dan that you heard it from me first!
Here's the kinds of districts Mathspace is looking for:
* Tech-savvy: Teachers are comfortable with using technology in the classroom, and have access to devices (1:1, carts or BYOD, and any device from iPads, laptops, Chromebooks, etc)
* Math/STEM-focused: Seeking to improve math outcomes for students, whether by challenging students with more enrichment, or to help remediate students
Here's what the districts will get:
* Initial presentation: A virtual demo to show Mathspace and see if it would be a good fit for the district
* Free six month pilot of Mathspace: With as many classes/schools as they wish
* Consultation sessions: To work out pilot objectives, which metrics we will use to measure success, and to determine the right mix of students, grades, teachers and schools to meet these objectives
* Professional Development: Two sessions to train teachers
* Ongoing support: Including monthly check-ins, virtual teacher support and training materials
* End of pilot data analysis: To determine the success of the pilot, according to pre-determined metrics
More information on Mathspace:
Mathspace<https://t.yesware.com/tt/64b7b4fb8e12a395890484fdfee2c624380a4b0b/13cea9ee444611a7551b22602aaf362b/3220a72c3d01886d10603882343c38e9/mathspace.co/blog/what-makes-mathspace-so-unique/> is the world's first adaptive math program allowing students to receive feedback at every step of a math problem, with handwriting recognition for mobile devices. Each step of students' math reasoning is automatically graded, with feedback, hints and suggestions guiding students to the final answer. Mathspace's focus on the process of solving a math problem - rather than just the final result - distinguishes it from the vast majority of online math programs, which are primarily based around multiple-choice.
Mathspace includes a full digital textbook, instructional videos, a powerful adaptive learning engine, and is available on all devices, with alignment to multiple curricula (including the Common Core) for 5th grade through to Precalculus.
Get even more ET News on the ET News blog<http://nhoetnews.wordpress.com/>.
Find and Like the NH Office of Educational Technology on Facebook!
ET News is a service of the Office of Educational Technology
NH Department of Education 101 Pleasant Street Concord, NH 03301
For more information, contact
603.271.5132 Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov<mailto:sfreeda at ed.state.nh.us> www.education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/<http://www.education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/index.htm> www.opennh.org<http://www.opennh.org/> www.nheon.org<http://www.nheon.org/>
"The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the answer." ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri
The contents of this message are confidential. Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, use or dissemination (either whole or in part) is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments from your system.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NHDOE-ETNews