[NHDOE-ETNews] Seeking Schools and Districts to Nominate for Student Voices Award

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Mon Apr 24 12:27:54 EDT 2017

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Seeking Schools and Districts to Nominate for Student Voices Award

The 2017 Student Voices Award are open now through May 15. Each state has the opportunity to nominate up to two schools or districts to present during our Student Voices Panel at the Leadership Summit on October 25, 2017 in National Harbor, Maryland.

The State Educational Technology Directors Association is looking for a school or district that has transformed the educational experiences of the students to best meet the needs of digital learners. The winner will receive the Elsie Brumback Scholarship to fly to Washington DC to present at the Leadership Summit in October and tour our nation's capital. Preference will be given to students from states that have not presented in recent years. To view previous presentations, visit http://www.setda.org/about/awards/student-voices/.

Each State can nominate up to 2 districts who have demonstrated evidence for the four rubric criteria below.
If your school has such evidence, please let me know, and send me a brief narrative describing the evidence.  I will be happy to nominate your school to represent NH.  The deadline for nominations is May 15th.

Student Voices Nominations Rubric 2016

1. Does the nominee share evidence about how the school/district has transformed the educational experiences of the students to best meet the needs of digital age learners?

2. Does the nominee share evidence regarding how this program is innovative or unique ?

3. To what degree does the nominee share indicators of success?

4. To what degree does the nominee share evidence that SETDA members and national education leaders would benefit from hearing from this administrator/teacher and their students?

Send your questions or narratives to Stan (Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov<mailto:Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov>) before the May 15th Deadline.  NH has not been represented, so we have a really good chance of winning as long as we can meet the criteria.  I know you are out there.

Find and Like the NH Office of Educational Technology on Facebook!