[NHDOE-ETNews] NH School Connectivity Consortium Seeks Support with E-Rate State Fiber Match Fund

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Wed Mar 1 08:35:19 EST 2017

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  NH School Connectivity Consortium Seeks Support with E-Rate State Fiber Match Fund

The New Hampshire Department of Education has requested $4 million from the state legislature for our E-rate fiber state match fund. This will help fund NH school districts in building fiber to support digital learning.

We would love your support in spreading the word to your listserv of school district technology directors and/or superintendents in the state. Here's the Google Form for the letter of support<https://tracking.cirrusinsight.com/7a8de059-7c89-499d-8793-bb83a05a8182/docs-google-com-forms-d-e-1faipqlsdsywva7o8hdqqydw2xs-te-wfbu5bdihw6rdqsrm-t2kqscw-viewform> for the E-rate fiber match fund. Please let me know if this is something that you would be able to share with them by the end of the week.

I provided sample email language below for you to use. Feel free to change the language as needed. Thank you in advance for your support and help!

Sample Email
Subject line: Can we add you to our letter of support?
OR
Subject line: Need your support- State match fund
Dear [NAME],

The New Hampshire Department of Education has requested $4 million from the state legislature for our E-rate fiber match fund. This funding would help NH schools in need of building capacity for fiber infrastructure for digital learning. We would like your support in getting the fund approved. The New Hampshire School Connectivity Initiative has written a letter that calls on the New Hampshire state legislature to approve the budget request. We plan to present this letter to the legislature during the 2017 session.
To add your name to this letter, follow the simple 3 steps below:

  *   Please click on this form<https://tracking.cirrusinsight.com/7a8de059-7c89-499d-8793-bb83a05a8182/docs-google-com-forms-d-e-1faipqlsdsywva7o8hdqqydw2xs-te-wfbu5bdihw6rdqsrm-t2kqscw-viewform1> to read the full letter and simply add your Name, Title, Organization, and Email address.
  *   Once you are done, please press SUBMIT to add your info. We are collecting the names of education leaders across the state.
  *   Please forward this to any SAU or district leaders who you think would be interested.

We appreciate your support to prepare our students for the 21st century learning. We will keep you posted on our progress and next steps.

The NH School Connectivity Consortium and EducationSuperHighway
Learn more at www.nheon.org/nhsci<http://www.nheon.org/nhsci>.

Find and Like the NH Office of Educational Technology on Facebook!