[NHDOE-ETNews] Please Add your School’s Name to Support a State Matching E-Rate Fiber Build Fund

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Mon Mar 27 14:39:43 EDT 2017

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Please Add your School’s Name to Support a State Matching E-Rate Fiber Build Fund

The New Hampshire Department of Education has requested $4 million from the state legislature for our E-rate fiber match fund. This funding would help NH schools in need of building capacity for fiber infrastructure for digital learning. We would like your support in getting the fund approved. The New Hampshire School Connectivity Initiative has written a letter that calls on the New Hampshire state legislature to approve the budget request. We plan to present this letter to the legislature during the 2017 session.

Can we add your name to this letter? Please click on this form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdSyWVa7o8HDQQYDW2xS_TE-wfBU5BDIHw6RdQsrM_T2KqScw/viewform?entry.1112372331&entry.305227109&entry.1918733931&entry.1189754891> to read the full letter and add your Name, Title, Organization, and Email address. Once you are done, please press SUBMIT to add your info. We are collecting the names of education leaders across the state. Please forward this to any SAU or district leaders who you think would be interested.

This letter has been already been signed by the following Schools and Districts:  Bow School District, Cawley Middle School, Colebrook School District, Deerfield School District, Hampton School District, Hopkinton Middle High School, Lebanon School District, Manchester School District, Monadnock Regional School District, Moultonborough School District, Mountain View Middle School, Nashua School District, NH Department of Education, NHSLMA, NHSTE, Sanborn Regional School District, SAU 6, SAU 19, SAU 23, SAU 61, and Swasey Central School.

If your school is not on the list, please consider signing.  We are currently looking for school support, especially from districts that are planning fiber build projects, or would like to plan them.

We appreciate your support to prepare our students for the 21st century learning. We will keep you posted on our progress and next steps.

Thanks!
New Hampshire School Connectivity Initiative

Learn more at www.nheon.org/nhsci<http://www.nheon.org/nhsci>.
Find and Like the NH Office of Educational Technology on Facebook!

“The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the answer.” ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri