[NHDOE-ETNews] Take Action on Your Available Category 2 E-Rate Funds Before the Opportunity Expires

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Mon Aug 13 13:45:18 EDT 2018

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Take Action on Your Available Category 2 E-Rate Funds Before the Opportunity Expires

The New Hampshire School Connectivity Initiative (http://www.nheon.org/nhsci) is continuing its partnership with EducationSuperHighway in order to increase the high-speed Internet necessary to take advantage of the promise of digital learning for every New Hampshire student.

In 2015, as part of E-rate modernization, the FCC made $150 per student of funding for Wi-Fi and internal connections upgrades available over 5 years.  Schools could apply for their allocation for internal connections in a single lump sum, or extend it over the 5 year period.  New Hampshire schools have done both, but many schools have not claimed any of their funding at all.  As we enter the final year or this e-rate opportunity, New Hampshire  schools have $6 million left in allocations to increase internal connections and Wi-Fi for our students.

As the school year gets underway, we are renewing our commitment to help school district technology leaders access these funds to bring robust and reliable Wi-Fi to their classrooms.  E-rate Category 2 funding is only guaranteed through 2019, so we must act now before these funds expire.

In the coming weeks, our partner, EducationSuperHighway may be calling you, or your school, to make sure you have everything you need to apply for your available budget in the upcoming e-rate cycle. They can also connect you to their team of network and procurement experts who can help you use those funds to deploy a robust LAN / Wi-Fi network.  Like in previous years, this technical assistance and the tools provided through NHSCI are free of charge.

If you would like to get started right away, please schedule a brief call at : https://calendly.com/new-hampshire-team/district-call<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__calendly.com_new-2Dhampshire-2Dteam_district-2Dcall&d=DwMFaQ&c=vYl7KJMDeuM7F-Nqf_hfailBifPmyspo7hrJGlNN7nU&r=DnsZDUX43WdR6j8xUSwiAd5EdpdUZ4TrPygeEzwZmLE&m=vdZdyQ4nVVueTLKgj80gWzvb_5q33Fy2bW4gC8Cfhxk&s=VQ91TNL9FSePe6k1Z3VaKwghl2889_VUl323aLP4HBo&e=> with EducationSuperHighway NH team lead, Evan Shea, or email him at evan.shea at educationsuperhighway.org.

Take the opportunity to fully utilize these available e-rate funds before they disappear.  Call or email Evan today and find out how.

Thanks,
Stan

Find and Like the NH Office of Educational Technology on Facebook!