[NHDOE-ETNews] House Bill 1674 Removes ED 306.42 and ED 306.47 for consideration

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Wed Feb 21 10:10:40 EST 2018

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  House Bill 1674 Removes ED 306.42 and ED 306.47 for consideration

There is a bill which modifies the adequate education requirements in the education committee.
HOUSE Bill 1674, SPONSORS: Rep. T. Wolf, Hills. 7; Rep. Ladd, Graf. 4; Rep. Major, Rock. 14; Sen. Bradley, Dist 3; Sen. Giu

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billText.aspx?sy=2018&id=1454&txtFormat=html

It seems to want to remove the ED306.42 and ED 306.47 requirements and replace them with "department rules".  It separates Tech Ed from ICT, and it combines ICT with computer science.  This will have an impact on ICT literacy K-12 programs in our schools.

Please read the bill and consider it carefully, then provide your insight and feedback to the House Education Committee.  This is a major change which could impact our work in a variety of ways at a variety of levels.  There may also be unexpected consequences to consider.

Find and Like the NH Office of Educational Technology on Facebook!