[NHDOE-ETNews] Media Literacy for Safe & Healthy Choices Professional Development Opportunity

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Thu Feb 22 10:55:02 EST 2018

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Media Literacy for Safe & Healthy Choices Professional Development Opportunity

Media Power Youth is partnering with NH DOE to provide online classes through the Office of Student Wellness.  Educators understand first hand the role of media, both positive and negative, in the lives of our kids and their families.
Media Power Youth, NH's leader in media literacy, empowers youth to lead safe, healthy, successful lives through smart use of media. We introduce here a new, relevant and important resource for your members and colleagues at a greatly reduced cost.
We are now offering online Media Literacy for Safe & Healthy Choices, our SAMHSA - NREPP listed, nationally recognized evidence-based curriculum and training.  And, it is available at a significant discount for a limited time to New Hampshire educators, thanks to generous support from the NH Department of Justice.
Any NH-based educator, counselor, or administrator can access our Media Literacy for Safe & Healthy Choices online curriculum and training, which focuses on core concepts of media literacy through media's effects on violent behavior, bullying, substance use, and nutritional choices. This interactive, engaging, self-paced, 8-hour professional development course assists the user in implementing the 12-lesson curriculum in the classroom.

Until June 30, 2018, New Hampshire educators can receive the online training and curriculum at a greatly reduced price of $50.00 (regularly $195.00 per person) thanks to generous support from the NH Department of Justice.  Sign-up for this limited opportunity at www.mediapoweryouth.org/online-training<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.mediapoweryouth.org_online-2Dtraining&d=DwMFaQ&c=vYl7KJMDeuM7F-Nqf_hfailBifPmyspo7hrJGlNN7nU&r=DnsZDUX43WdR6j8xUSwiAd5EdpdUZ4TrPygeEzwZmLE&m=2u0EhhaUlnsSgj4GhnMzHN92-sYNn_M06652S1WMUas&s=DduyxD9i3f2sgE9UE24NA5hHRgW4LW-o-DiGJlXXrG8&e=>.
We have included a flyer and a newsletter article so you can share the news. If you would like any additional materials, please email us at media at mediapoweryouth.org<mailto:media at mediapoweryouth.org>, or visit our website: www.mediapoweryouth.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.mediapoweryouth.org_&d=DwMFaQ&c=vYl7KJMDeuM7F-Nqf_hfailBifPmyspo7hrJGlNN7nU&r=DnsZDUX43WdR6j8xUSwiAd5EdpdUZ4TrPygeEzwZmLE&m=2u0EhhaUlnsSgj4GhnMzHN92-sYNn_M06652S1WMUas&s=xp0mWc1vPpQr4NNdBM7LoDSJjr8J81a4IZVIohN0gL8&e=>

Find and Like the NH Office of Educational Technology on Facebook!