[NHDOE-ETNews] Clarification HB 1674 Notice from 2/21/2018
Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Tue Feb 27 09:22:24 EST 2018
Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM: Clarification HB 1674 Notice from 2/21/2018
I need to make a few clarifications and provide additional information on the notice I sent out regarding HB 1674 via ET News on February 21.
* HB 1674 does not remove 306.42 or 306.47 from the minimum standards. The proposed removal of the specific reference numbers for rules in RSA 193-E:3-b is being considered for all of the subjects. The rationale for this is that the legislation should come first, and the rules are created or amended in response to the legislation. So, it's backwards for the legislation to reference specific rules.
* If HB 1674 passes, it could necessitate updates to the 306 rules, but there is no intent to remove or drastically alter the existing ICT Literacy (306.42) or Technology Education (306.47) standards. If the rules are to be reviewed and/or amended, there will be ample opportunity for stakeholder engagement, and more information will be distributed via this list and other NHDOE communication channels.
* Information on HB 1674 can be found here: http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/Results.aspx?q=1&txtsessionyear=2018. Find the text of the bill at http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billText.aspx?sy=2018&id=1454&txtFormat=html.
* To learn more about current work related to computer science at the NH Department of Education, please refer to https://www.education.nh.gov/instruction/computer-science/. Questions regarding this work may be directed to David.Benedetto at doe.nh.gov<mailto:David.Benedetto at doe.nh.gov>.
* To learn more about current work related to digital learning and ICT Literacy at the NH Department of Education, please refer to https://www.education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/index.htm. Questions regarding this work may be directed to Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov<mailto:Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov>.
Hope that helps to provide more information.
Get even more ET News on the ET News blog<http://nhoetnews.wordpress.com/>.
Find and Like the NH Office of Educational Technology on Facebook!
ET News is a service of the Office of Educational Technology
NH Department of Education 101 Pleasant Street Concord, NH 03301
For more information, contact
603.271.5132 Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov<mailto:sfreeda at ed.state.nh.us> www.education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/<http://www.education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/index.htm> www.opennh.org<http://www.opennh.org/> www.nheon.org<http://www.nheon.org/>
"The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the answer." ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri
The contents of this message are confidential. Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, use or dissemination (either whole or in part) is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments from your system.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NHDOE-ETNews